Purgatory Penman

An Epistle of the Penitential

Name:

Like most people, my main desire is to be understood. Hopefully, this blog will enable me to completely explain who I really am as a person. I desire your communication. Write to me at: P.O. Box 40543, Memphis, TN 38174-0543

Friday, April 28, 2006

ETERNITY

Father, take my hand and lead,
Wherever we are going.
This path is not one I would choose;
I cry inside, not knowing,

How did we ever drift apart?
Why did I go astray,
Too proud to call out for help,
When lost along the way?

I bear the scars of foolish pride,
Now weary from the race.
I need you to guide me through this time,
At a gentler pace.

We'll take it slow and stop to rest;
I'll read your story through.
We'll talk, I'll listen, and then I'll know
What you want me to do.

I'll yield to you, my Father-God,
My Lord, and yet, my friend,
We'll make it home, together, where
Eternity begins.


J. Wallace

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

Your poem applies so well to us all. It seems that no matter what situation humans find themselves, they are broken and fallen and thus can use these words.

Thanks, Jeffrey.

Tony

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home