Purgatory Penman

An Epistle of the Penitential

Name:

Like most people, my main desire is to be understood. Hopefully, this blog will enable me to completely explain who I really am as a person. I desire your communication. Write to me at: P.O. Box 40543, Memphis, TN 38174-0543

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Prayer

Easter is here again, a time when we celebrate Jesus's sacrifice, His proof of an Afterlife, and His promise of Heaven. I imagine that I am not the only Christian that prays daily for His return. What better time for this to happen than Passover Week, the week God chose for the original Easter for many good reasons. Could His merciful deliverance be demonstreated once again, once and for all, for His suffering children during our most significant observance?

The most "humane" facility in Florida's DOC System (comparatively) is still a place of misery for this Christian, hence the name of this blog, "Purgatory Penman." I'm surrounded almost every waking moment by terrible examples of mankind given over to evil, a glimpse of hell for a normal, moral human being (I'm eternally grateful that is is the only hell I'll ever know). Although Jesus is always with me, this Paul does not have a Silas. It is a lonliness that aches in the core of your being like a cancer--an actual source of constant physical pain. Elements persecuting me because of the politics of my case have not relented in nine years of incarceration. I could not escape their abuse through eleven different camps. How many Christians today live like this where every day is a challenge to survive and see it through to the end, pleading with the Lord to deliver in an honorable and timely fashion?

Please pray that Jesus returns soon and rescues His people from the corruption. I understand that such evil beings and deeds are rampant in our society throughout the greater world today, like we have never known before.

Please appeal to the Lord's infinite mercy, demonstrated by His willingness to give His own life to save us from sin, that He will intercede now and save us from an unimaginable future. Amen.





J. Wallace

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

Jeffrey, I really don't know what to say other than my heart aches for you. I have no words that I feel are worthy to say given my situation versus yours.

So, I will just tell you I pray for you.

Tony

6:39 AM  
Blogger JMG said...

I've been praying for quite a while for his speedy return, especially to the relief of those who are suffering and experiencing injustice.

I can't imagine what it must be like for you, and I pray for repose from your weariness.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

May God use this time to strengthen you for His work. I can't imagine what you endure on a daily basis, but as Paul said, "I consider all things a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him" (Philippians 3:8-9a) He will sustain you if you hold fast to him. We are praying for you.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home